Sunday, May 31, 2009

I can finally start loving Utah again

My dislike for Utah started about 6 months ago. It comes every year with the winter. I know its coming, and I should be used to it by now, but every year I grow to hate (a strong word, I kn0w) the long, cold winters here. Luckily, the warmth does eventually come, and the valley does turn green again, and makes it possible for us to have wonderful Saturdays like this one. We spent the whole day playing outside and I was one happy girl. We went hiking up Yellowfork canyon and it was beautfiul!
However much I hate the winters and say I want to move, I would have a VERY hard time leaving the mountains. This picture doesn't even do it justice....
And here is me in all my pregnant glory. Our hiking backpack actually helped balance me out...
I love my husband and I love hiking...its the best that I can enjoy both!
Here's to many more hiking excursions this summer!

9 comments:

Tara said...

get out of here with your cute baby belly!

Linds Forrest said...

Your belly is the cutest thing in the world!! Yellowfork canyon does look like a beautiful hike, where is it at?! Glad you had a rockin Saturday!

The Lichtie Family said...

And that right there is the difference between me and you. I take pregnancy as a way to do nothing, eat and sleep. You, however, are active and not lazy. Very un-Haley like.

Your belly is so cute! For some reason, I am feeling really uncomfortable. I am about the same size you are, but man - I hate thinking that its only going to get bigger. I am now beginning to remember how uncomfortable the last few weeks are. I'd forgotten about that. I think I don't remember those things so I will want to have multiple children. Then, when I finally remember how uncomfy I am before, and how SORE I am after, it's too late.

The Incredible Bulks said...

I don't know very many girls that love to hike whilst being prego, your crazy!!

Amber said...

I feel you about the miserable Utah winters. Unlike you I won't be taking advantage of the warm summer months getting outside and doing fun things. I really feel like I'm being jipped a summer! You go be active for the 2 of us while I sit around and eat!

Brittany said...

I totally feel you with the summer thing. Nate and I have the moving discussion every time winter rolls around, we hate the cold! Summer Rocks! Love your preggo belly...so cute!

Hafen Crew said...

Cite little belly! okay I'll admit you actually do have one now ;) You're a crazy girl for hiking while pregnant ;) It looks really pretty though, I miss the mountains, although yesterday I did drive over a little hill! WOW...it was a first in Kansas

The Pond's Lily Pad said...

Can I say, "DITTO?" I despise Utah winters...they are SOOO cold and depressing. I think it's great you hike while you're pregnant; it's great exercise and good for you to get that fresh air. However, I think I'm crazy for hiking with my belly, and I'm not even pregnant!! Maybe if I did more hiking it would go away!! hahahaha

Heather said...

I am the exact same! I LOATHE our winters. I just love the sun too much :) You look so cute with your little belly! Mine is it's own planet now. That picture of the trees is awesome!