Monday, April 28, 2008

Listen to this...Ridiculous I say!

Ok, I just have to vent a little bit about how ridiculous Herriman City is. Up until now, I have loved Herriman. Yea it's a little far out there, but I really like it! But I had a little experience last week that tainted my view of our little city. So I got a letter from our HOA last week saying that we had an Overdue Utilities Balance and it has been turned over to the HOA and now we are responsible for paying the HOA. I checked our Gas and Power and neither one was overdue, nor did they amount to the total that the letter said we owed. So I called the HOA and apparently Herriman City charges each homeowner...are you ready...$25/month for public safety AND $5/month for parks! Can you believe that? I thought that was what our taxes went for! I mean they have got to be making bank on these ludicrous monthly "utilities"! I really couldn't believe that. Anyway, we have never received a bill for these charges and we've lived their 8 months mind you. So I called Herriman City and she said that the bills were being sent to some random address...at first I thought it was Travis' parents house, because it was on their street, but the house number is different. Why in the world would they send a bill for charges for a "Herriman City homeowner" to a address is South Jordan? I guess now we are responsible for an extra $30/month. Has anyone else heard of charges like this before? Thanks for letting me vent a bit :)

3 comments:

Hafen Crew said...

That's out of control. I would be pissed too. Why the heck do you pay taxes and all that. I've never heard of anything like that before. Sorry fo you guys!

Jeff & Brit said...

I have never heard of a bill like that and ihave lived in Herriman for over 6 years...then again I don't pay our bills Jeff does I'll ask him...love you blog:)

The Lund Five said...

I have never had to pay a bill like that either until we moved to Herriman. We kept gettin a water bill and I thought water was paid for with the HOA. Anyway, Dave talked to the girl at the clubhouse and she told him it was for the Policemen. I didn't know it was random though. If I have to pay it then everyone should!