Monday, April 28, 2008

Truly Man's Best Friend!

I got a request for a Cooper update, so here you go Buff! Cooper is doing so good! He is making major strides in potty training! He now scratches at the door when he needs to go potty, so we are loving that! Seriously, when he does that it makes me so proud, let alone so happy that we don't have to clean up his crap anywhere in the house! I just have to say that if any of you get a puppy at any time in your life, you MUST crate train them! That is the key to your happiness when it comes to a puppy. We started off by just locking him in our kitchen with a baby gate while we were gone at work, which was fine, but he didn't know where he was supposed to go to the bathroom, which led to us cleaning up multiple "accidents" in our kitchen everyday! Yea, not so fun. So finally we gave in to many people's advice and kept him in his crate while we were gone. I initially felt really bad for leaving him is such a confined space for so long, but now he is pretty much potty trained and has only gone in our house twice in over two weeks!! (The dogs won't go to the bathroom in their crate, because it is "their" space) Needless to say we are all much happier!

Cooper absolutely LOVES Travis! He follows him everywhere! Whenever Travis leaves before I do, Cooper always roams the house for a few minutes looking for him. He is always with Travis over me and is always SO excited when he comes home! Travis just loves it. I guess they were meant for eachother! Cooper loves to crawl all around and over Travis' neck. That's his favorite place to be, so I had to take a few pictures of it, because it really is so cute. Yes that bottom one is in the car while Travis is driving! Anyway, we love him and he is definitely fun to have around the house! (even with his constant chewing on everything...he is a puppy, I keep telling myself!)



2 comments:

Amber said...

Too cute, puppies are so fun. I also think that we have the same couches, such a small furniture world!

Hafen Crew said...

I can't believe Travis is one of those people that drives with his puupy on his lap. I thought only old ladies did that! totally kidding. I want a little dog and I'd probably do the same. I'm working on a miniature bunny, so if we get that maybe I'll be able to get the puppy. Who knows!
Congrats on the potty training. HAPPY TIMES, when you're not cleaning up pee messes! :)