Thursday, March 11, 2010

one of my new favorite dinners

I've been wanting to try quinoa ever since reading all about it on A foodie stays fit
(my friend's awesome blog...seriously, I'm obsessed. It's full of fabulous information on exercise and eating healthy). I was a little hesitant though because as many of you know, I'm a pretty picky eater. Just ask the husbnad.
I decided to pair it with a new Beef and Broccoli recipe I've been wanting to try and boy, it was so delicious! Quinoa is like rice (except much better for you!) and can be used similarly. This will definitely be making a frequent appearance on our dinner table! I love finding good recipes!

5 comments:

The Turners said...

That looks so good! We are definitely goin to have to try it. Can you get quinoa anywhere?

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you liked it! And I'm flattered. :) Thanks for your kind words - I'm so glad you enjoy my blog!

Heather said...

We LOVE Quinoa! We use it all the time!! I need that beef and broccoli recipe, I want to make it.

Heather said...

Hah, just figured out you linked it. It takes me a few extra tries to be smart sometimes ;)

Kim & Clay said...

I have been wanting to try Quinoa ever since a lady in our ward raved about it. I just bought a big bag of it at Costco. I will be trying it out with some sesame chicken as you suggested. Yum! I wonder why we are just discovering Quinoa now if it has been around for so long? Makes me wonder. Maybe healthy food fanatics have been eating it for decades?

p.s. love that chubster Beckaroni!