I thought I was in the clear. After only a few days of work, my sweet baby was sleeping 10-11 hours at night only waking up once to eat, and taking at least 3 awesome naps (1 1/2-2 hrs each). It was great. He would eat, play for a bit, then would start to fuss, so I would wrap him up, give him he binky, watch his eyelids start to fall, then I would lay him down for a peaceful slumber. He was one happy baby and I was one happy mama.
Ah. Those were the days.
This week things have taken a turn for the worst.
Nights are still pretty good...he wakes up a little earlier to eat but he's still only waking up once. Days however are a disaster! This child now eats, plays for a bit, starts to get tired, then freaks out! He fights going to sleep with everything he has and when he finally does throw in the towel, he only sleeps for 45 minutes!
Not sure what suddenly changed, but I'm hoping I can find that magical switch soon and turn things back around!
6 comments:
my sisters always told me babies just go in stages! You think you have everything worked out and going well and then poof, they change it up on ya and you gotta work it out again! I still say the book healthy sleep habits hapy child is the BEST!!! (he may be a little young for it yet) But I swear it made all the difference!! You are back at work? Are you working from home? We have got to get a dinner together soon!! Its been way too long!!
Trey did the same exact thing, comes to find out he was going through a growth spurt so I had to feed him a little more often (example instead of every 3 hours I fed him every 2-1.5) to get more milk to come in and then he was fine. This won't be the first time I promise! :) Good Luck!
I have some ideas...let's chat Wednesday!
It's just a phase. He will work through it. Don't be afraid to let him cry it out. Believe it or not, self soothing babies are happier babies. It is hard though, hang in there.
Oh dear. The joys of motherhood with a new baby. It always seems that you get them in a good pattern, then they change it up and you start all over.... this will happen again as soon as you think things are under control. That is why they are sooooo darn cute! To make up for your the lack of sleep and pacing the floor.
Oh the joys- I have the urge to spout out a few hours worth of advice and tell you everything that I think works and what doesn't, but maybe I'm sure you're getting plenty of that, so I'll just say . . . get a sitter and take a nap!
Your little guy is so lucky to have you for a mom. Even when you don't have all the answers, you have what he needs. You're amazing!
Post a Comment