My Grandma, Irene Lamping, passed away early Monday morning. She was a wonderful woman whose spirit longed to be set free from the limits of her physical body. While of course this is a grieving time for us, it has also provided some very spiritual moments. Her body has been failing for awhile now, and she had spent pretty much the past month in one hospital or another. On Sunday, she woke up and was conscious enough (quite miraculously) to talk and know who we were. We all were able to go up there and say goodbye, which was such a blessing and has helped give some closure. The spirit was so strong as all of her family was crammed into the ICU room talking with her, knowing how close she was to being with our Heavenly Father again. We started talking about her being able to see her husband again (who died when my mom was little), and I was overcome with the spirit thinking of that joyous reunion. My testimony of eternal families and what happens when we die has been strengthened immensly and I am thankful for the experience. I don't know how people deal with the death of anyone close to them if they do not believe that they will see them again. I am so lucky to have the knowledge that I do, and to know I'll see my grandma again and know she is so much happier where she is!She was such an amazing example to everyone that knew her. She loved the gospel more than anything and wanted to share it with anyone and everyone! If we could have even a fraction of her desire to do missionary work, we'd be able to do amazing things! She even requested that there be a stack of Book of Mormons at her funeral...she'll never stop! She was always so involved with all of her grandchildren's lives...she was truly interested in us and our well being. She constantly worried about everything, sometimes a bit extreme, but it was only because she cared. She had the ability to love unconditionaly, and showed her love frequently. She always made me feel so beautiful and special. In her eyes, I was flawless, and through them I truly saw my potential. If I was ever having a bad day or was ever feeling down on myself, her inspiring, sincere words would help lift me up. I will always remember the songs she used to sing to me when I was little, our trips to DI to pick out prizes, the treats she would bring whenever she came over, her kisses (she never gave just one at a time), the big candy bars with money inside for Christmas, KFC birthday meals, many a trips to get ice cream cones to give my mom a break, and so many more...I could go on forever. She has touched so many people's lives and I can only hope that I can have such a positive influence for good in my own life. We love you and will miss you Grandma "Bop Bop!"
8 comments:
How cute was she!? She sounds liek she was a fun little grandma. I think you have her eyes. She's quite the little looker :) I hope you guys have a good week being with family and everything. We would definitely be there if we could!
I will agree, losing a loved one is a unique experience. While you feel so much heart ache, it is also one of the most spiritual experiences. I'm so sorry for your lose, and even knowing that we will see our loved ones again, it is still difficult and never an easy thing to get through. She sounds like an amazing person.
We've been thinking of you this week. Let us know if we can do anything!
Oh, Kogg. I am sorry, but it sounds like you had a wonderful spiritual experience with all of this and you will grow from it.
I'm sorry to hear about your grandma's passing away. From comments in the online obit it sounds like she was a great lady; fun and spiritual too!! I think you look an awful lot like her in the picture that you posted!! Good luck this weekend. Love you! Jill
I am sorry about your grandma! Death is always really hard! Both of my grandparents died this year as well! I was able to actually be in the room when my grandma passed, it's a pretty intense experience! Really helped my testimony of the plan of salvation grow! Hang in there!
P.S you gotta get the BOB when you have your little one! :) you will love it!!
Karlee I love reading your Testimony's. I love your passion and thoughtfulness. You are using this Blog in a fantastic way. Sounds like you were really blessed with having such a great grandma. I'm glad her death was as good of an experience as it could've been. Give that handsome husband a big hug for me!!
What a beautiful, beautiful post! And what a gorgeous woman. Hope all is well.
Post a Comment