Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July Weekend

Yay for long weekends! We had a great 4th of July weekend bouncing back and forth from my family to Trav's. Most of the weekend was spent with Travis's family because Ryan and Rissa were in town and this was the last time we were going to see them until Christmas because they are moving to Kansas! We better quickly move on from that or else more tears might be shed....
Thursday night we went to the West Jordan Rodeo with Trav's family (I hate to keep on labeling "his" vs "mine" because they're my family too now, but it helps for clarification). I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of Rodeos..I mean I enjoy them, and it was fun to be with family, and Travis loves them, so that's all that matters. Anyway, they're a bit long for me. Below are some pics from that...probably the highlight of the night was my darling nephew Jace! He's so hilarious and always keeps us entertained. He was sitting on my lap during the horse bucking part (have no idea what it's really called) and he turned to me and said "Those cowboys aren't gentleman." I said "what?", he repeated "Those cowboys aren't gentleman", me "Why not?", him "because they bounce up and down too much on the horse." I bust up laughing because what 3 yr old notices something like that, let alone even knows what a gentleman is?!! Apparently, this kid really paid attention when he was being bounced around on an adult's knees singing "This is the way the gentleman rides....." "Tridity trot...Tridity trot.." So funny!

On the 4th, we got up early with my family and went hiking up Bell's Canyon. I love hiking and it was beautiful! Just a quick little hike, but very enjoyable. That afternoon we went back to Trav's parents for a BBQ and fireworks.

Saturday was a very lazy day. We pretty much did nothing...all day! Mid-day we did manage to go running and then spent an hour at the pool, and at like 6 we finally got around to cleaning the house and decided it was about time to get ready for the day. But other than that, we just hung out. At first I had a really hard time...I'm the type that wants to get up early, go to the gym, clean and go, go, go tackling all the things I have in my mental to-do list. So to just wake up, eat breakfast, sit around and watch TV kind of drives me crazy, but as all of you know, marriage is about compromising, and in the end, I thoroughly enjoyed having a lazy day with my husband! It's good to do every once in awhile (emphasis on the "once in awhile" :)

Sunday we went to dinner at Trav's parents again...enjoyed being with the family...and said our goodbyes to Ry, Rissa and the babies. Let's just say that there was a whole lot of crying. Jace kept on saying "Stop crying like that!" We're going to miss them a ton, but this little adventure will be so good for their little family and we're excited for them! It's just too bad its so far away:)


My little sis and I
Travis helping Jace be Superman!
My little bros..Rhett and Austin


Cute mom and dad

Travis making Chance laugh...he must have thought it was funny to be wearing a Kansas City hat.
The Turner's at the Rodeo
"Cheese"
Travis is really excited about taking a picture with me!
Jace sure enjoyed his cotton candy!
What a nice, enjoyable weekend...now its back to work. Boo!


4 comments:

Hafen Crew said...

All I will say is I love you guys!

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

I love all your new posts! I agree, brag brag brag! But I also like to journal, and write the not so great stuff ya know! It is life and its not perfect sooo when we are feeling great...lets talk about it!!! You look great, sound like all is well, Im so glad your happy:) Love ya

The Tucketts said...

Fun weekend. Going back to work is not so much fun after those long weekends. So sad that Marissa is moving, thank heaven for blogs so you can see those cute twins often!

Ashlee said...

It was a great weekend, wasn't it? Thanks for the fun times and I wish I was at the rodeo with you guys - mainly to see and hear my crazy child! He does keep us laughing!